IC Card Prepayment Smart Vending Solutions DES Encryption PVMS - Card
|Place of Origin:||Changsha, Hunan|
|Brand Name:||Willfar Information Techonology Co., Ltd.|
|Minimum Order Quantity :||1|
|Packaging Details :||Carton Packaging|
|Delivery Time :||30 days|
|Payment Terms :||T/T|
|Supply Ability :||2000 per day (based on the number of the order)|
|Security:||DES Encryption||Brand:||Willfar Information|
|System Management:||IC Card Related Parameters||Standard:||ISO/IEC7816, ISO/IEC14443|
|Life Duration:||>100000 Times||System Basis:||PVMS System|
|Payment Method:||IC Card|
ami energy solution ,
vending machine solutions
- Prepaid metering systems have been around for many years.
- Utilities implement prepaid metering systems to reduce collection expense, better manage cash flow and to lower bad debt.
- In some markets, prepayment enables utilities to provide service in remote areas, where the cost of capital expansion and the credit risk associated with that expansion would otherwise not be justified.
- The system rely on tokens or smart cards to interface with the meter to credit its balance.
- Generally, the available balance is calculated on the meter itself, and the meter serves as the medium to communicate with the consumer.
1. Improved Cash flow – With Prepaid Meters there are no arrears to collect and manage, no meters to read, no meter readers to pay, no billing administration and collection overhead and the tenant can control their budget to use as much as they can afford.
2. No Credit and Arrears Collection Costs – With Prepaid Meters there are no credit and collection issues.
3. No Deposits - With Prepaid Meters customers don’t need to take deposits for electricity from your tenants. All you collect is the first pre-payment for electricity.
4. No Monthly Bills – With Prepaid Meters you don’t need to send monthly usage bills for electricity, no more surprise bills, no more average reads and no more un pleasant surprises.
5. No Reconnect Charges – With Prepaid Meters the electricity is always paid, not need to disconnect and reconnect.
6. A reduction in working capital assets.
7. Improved customer service–providing more control in the hands of the consumer.
8. Proven capabilities to reduce energy usage.
9. Additional business case justification for advanced metering infrastructure (AMI).
10. When positioned as a broader customer benefit, the utility may be able to recoup investment in rates.
11. With Prepaid Meters you get energy conservation as it reduces electrical consumption when users can monitor their own usage.
12. This reduces the load on the grid through reduction of peak demand.
13. Also with the built-in arrears management, utility companies have an effective way to manage customers in arrears without having to cut them off the grid, thereby creating a win-win situation between utility company and user
14. With Prepaid Meters, users can easily monitor, measure and hence manage their electricity usage and spend as much as they can afford and budget. This creates a greater awareness and control of costs.
15. It also totally avoids any bill complaints on usage.